At We Built This City, we take protecting the privacy and security of our customers seriously.
We work to keep our policies in line with the latest legislation (GDPR).
www.webuilt-thiscity.com is operated by WE BUILT THIS CITY LTD (United Kingdom Company Number 08243159). You may contact us at the following address: We Built This City Ltd, 56B Carnaby Street, London, W1F 9QF.
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is We Built This City Ltd.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our website.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We do not collect personal information from our users, unless that information is necessary. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, we may collect the following information:
- Information submitted in order for us to despatch your goods and perform our contract with you - i.e. name, email address, mailing address, contact number (if provided at point of purchase)
- Your email address if you have signed up to our enewsletters
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of correspondence
- Details of transactions through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Your card CVV number in order to ensure payment is made for purchases - don't worry we don't keep them
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you (regarding an order or any other query relating to our business);
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
If you have signed up to our mailing list in-store or via our website (or at the point of checkout online), you will receive our newsletters keeping you up to date with new products, events and offers. We use MailChimp to send out our e-newsletters and your personal data submitted to us is stored safely on the MailChimp platform which is fully GDPR compliant.
Your data is never shared with third parties and you may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by logging into your account to update your marketing preferences, or click the unsubscribe link that can be found in the footer of any of our marketing emails. We will always offer you the option to opt out.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to perform our contract with you and fulfil a transaction, we may need to pass your order information to an external company - eg. courier company or framing partner. By requesting these additional services from We Built This City Ltd at the point of purchase, you are consenting to your personal 'order information' being passed to these third parties. This will be made clear to you at the point of purchase and you have the option to opt out, however please be aware that opting out may mean we are not able to perform our contract with you. These third parties are also subject to their own privacy policies.
We also use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site-- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
On occasion, we may also use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by following the links below:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
Your rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at any time using the contact details below.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you have signed up to our newsletter, we will retain your email address on our mailing list. You can opt out at any time.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES & CONTRIBUTIONS
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
FAO: WBTC Data Controller, Jon Bolon
56B Carnaby Street, London, W1F 9QF